Some things I love this week:
- A lovely little video of Paris. This perfectly captures the feeling of the city, I think. Love this oh so much.
- Dear Me, a compilation of letters written by celebrities to their 16-year-old selves. Fascinating. I loved the letters by Alan Cumming and Hugh Jackman especially, but they were all wonderful. Definitely want to buy this book. And it got me thinking about what I would tell my 16 year old self. But, that’s not even a decade ago, and I don’t think I have enough perspective yet.
- Having inadvertently gotten caught in the middle of an Occupy Wall Street protest in NYC last week, I can assure you that it would have been a lot more awesome had I seen more of this and less of people packed shoulder to shoulder, caught under scaffolding in the middle of Times Square, screaming and pushing, and being herded by police in riot gear.
- A Very She & Him Christmas. I’m a total sucker for anything Christmas-related, and I love She & Him, so obviously I just bought this on iTunes. Is it too early to start listening to Christmas music? (yes.)
- A list of crazy job-interview questions. This makes me feel sad that I left my secure, well-paying job to be a student and have to go through the job interview process all over again in the future. Although, if someone asked me to “define the ratio of people to cake,” I think I’d kind of fall in love with that company.
- A Mother’s Prayer for Its Child by Tina Fey. I know everyone has probably seen this by now, but I still think it’s hilarious. And I’m not even a mother (or anywhere remotely near becoming a mother).
- There are clearly waaay more than 10 things that men don’t know about women, but this is one of the funnier compilations. Dammit, Mindy Kaling. Stop being so funny.
- This is the story of my life right now. Seriously, this video is SO on point. Thank you, Marshall.
- The thing about stereotypes is that they’re always true. (Kidding. Kind of.)
- What Ryan Gosling Is Probably Doing Right Now. Ryan Gosling is everywhere these days, and I feel like he’s about ten seconds away from being overexposed, but I don’t care. He’s so purdy.
Want to see the awesome archives? Check it.