(Image via Fanpop)
The weekly roundup of the best of the interwebs:
- Is there anything cuter than Animals with Stuffed Animals of Themselves? I think not.
- A wait-listed student’s plea to get into Michigan. I kinda like this kid.
- Not only do the Olympics themselves make me cry (I’m sure I’ll write more about this in a few months), but Olympic commercials do too. I already love this one, from Procter & Gamble.
- 63 Reasons Why Boybands Were Better in the 90s. I am dying at some of these photos.
- This time lapse video is incredible – from birth to 12-years-old in 2 minutes and 45 seconds.
- Disposable Stories is such a cool project. The concept? Give a disposable camera to a traveler, have them take five photographs with it, and then have them give it to another traveler, and so forth. I love this idea so much.
- Such a fun idea – Movie Mimic. The creator takes pictures of himself in spots from various movies.
- When you’re feeling stressed during finals, it’s good to look at Calming Manatee every few hours.
- This is cracking me up – Forgotten Couples of the ’90s. A couple of them I had forgotten about, but most I just never knew about. Some ridiculous pairings, for sure – Ellen Barkin & Johnny Depp? Pauly Shore & Tiffani-Amber Thiessen? Naomi Campbell & Robert DeNiro? And, my favorite of all: Woody Harrelson & Glenn Close?!?
- Lies the Baby-sitter’s Club Told Me. So true. This series = the defining book series of my childhood.
Want more awesome? Head to the Awesome Archives.
Here’s this week’s roundup of awesomeness:
- 45 Ridiculous Pictures of Boy Bands. I seriously have no words for how awesome these pictures are. HOW on earth did we ever have “crushes” on these guys? I think my favorite is #13 – you tell ‘em, Donnie Wahlberg. Or #40 – WHO thought that picture was a good idea?
- This is amazing. I love Love Actually, and I love that someone thought of this. See how I used “love” in that sentence three times?
- The Facebook History of the World. Wow. Just wow. Whoever came up with this (and spent hours. Days? Weeks?) actually making it is my hero. So funny. There are a lot of great parts, but my personal favorite is during the Crusades section: “Common Sense is no longer friends with Religion.” Oh, snap.
- The 45 Most Powerful Photos of 2011. Did I cry while scrolling through these? That would be too embarrassing to admit. So, clearly, yes, I did.
- A comparison of American vs. International magazine covers. Very interesting…
- Damn You Autocorrect is always fun, but this compilation of the 25 best autocorrects from the last year is hilarious. The ones that made me laugh the hardest? 22, 18, 16, and 8. So horrifying.
- I very rarely hand write anything anymore, and yet I covet these lovely journals.
- I already knew it’s great to be a Michigan Wolverine, but in case you want further proof – we’ve got the best stadium in college football.
- This is my life right now. Dammit, law school.
- I’ll admit that I love the gazillion “best of” and “top 10″ lists that come out at the end of the year. Here are Twitter’s Hot Topics for 2011. Pretty interesting. But my question is – who the hell is tweeting about Pretty Little Liars, Thor, and the Green Hornet? Really?
Want more awesome? As you wish.