The weekly roundup of internet awesome:
- A super interesting read: The Failure of Tom Cruise 2.0.
- I’m so glad I’m not the only one this is happening to!: The 13 Stages of “Holidays in the United States” Coming up When You Email Yourself.
- Very well done: Taylor Swift & Harry Potter Parody Mashup.
- This video is a few years old, but my friends and I have recently become obsessed with quoting it to each other on those particularly hellish NYC summer days: It’s Hot As Hell.
- The author of this piece well may be my spirit animal: 5 Minutes Early Is on Time; On Time Is Late; Late Is Unacceptable.
- I love this: Ghostbusters Cast Surprises Patients at Boston Children’s Hospital.
- #JonVoyage: Jon Stewart and The Daily Show: 9 Essential Moments.
- What a project: Incredible Uptown Funk Supercut Features 280 Movie Quotes.
- Pretty damn creative: Coffee + Ice Cream Sketches.
- What happened, Ben and Jen???: A Celebrity-Divorce Expert Tells All.
(Image via Popsugar)
The weekly-ish roundup of internet finds:
- “It’s like FourSquare, but for your education. If you were a wizard.”: Syracuse University Turns to Harry Potter to Motivate Business Students.
- If they hadn’t put C.J. at #1, I would have revolted, so that’s good. Also, I love that Mandy is #113. But Leo should be #2, Ainsley should be higher, and Amy should be lower: A Definitive Ranking of Every Character on The West Wing.
- I personally think they taste gross, but this is an interesting read anyway: The Greatest Trick Capitalism Ever Pulled Was Making You Want a Pumpkin Spice Latte.
- #2 and #3 are the story of my life: 14 Things Overthinkers Say and What They Actually Mean.
- “I smell like a baby in a damn meadow”: If Nick Miller Quotes Were Motivational Posters.
- Gorgeous: Recipes Suspended in Air.
- Insert cry-laughing emoji here: #NewSATQuestions.
- Heh: If Social Media Was Made For People Who Hate People.
- She’s the best: 16 Times Leslie Knope Made the Whole World Happy.
- This is adorable: Here’s Tom Brady’s Resume from When He Didn’t Think He’d Make It in the NFL.
The weekly roundup of internet awesomeness:
- This week in movie trailers: the second trailer for Gone Girl looks as awesome as the first, and, after reading the book, I can’t wait to see what they do with Wild.
- Random, but I love it: Capybaras That Look Like Rafael Nadal.
- It’s been a loooong time since the first time I watched Harry Potter, but this is on point: This Is What It’s Like to Watch Harry Potter for the First Time. And on another HP note: New JK Rowling Story Offers a Peek at Grown-Up Harry, Ron, and Hermione.
- Yes: Seinfeld Emoji Are on Their Way.
- Fascinating, in a “Why yes, I am a literary nerd” kind of way: New Jane Austen Waxwork Uses Forensic Science to Model the “Real Jane.” (Sidenote: as proof of my literary nerdom, yes, I did visit the Jane Austen Centre mentioned in the article when I went to Bath years ago).
- I note the irony of this article appearing in Elle, a magazine that I’m sure is guilty of its fair share of photoshopping, but I still like the message: Colbie Caillat Is Tired of Being Photoshopped. Here’s What She Did About It.
- Always love a good mash-up: Frozen Is the New Black.
- Clever: Humorous Urban Interventions on the Streets of France.
- I’ve only been to #4, #5, #14, and #15, so clearly I have a lot of work to do: 25 Bakeries Around the World You Have to See Before You Die.
- Heh: Eloise: An Update.