(photo from here)
Your weekly dose of awesome:
- I feel like I say this every time I post one of these lists, but this video is my new favorite, ever. Zooey Deschanel + Joseph Gordon Levitt = adorable overload. And Joseph Gordon Levitt’s voice is so good! Who knew?
- I know this happened a few weeks back, but Jimmy Fallon hosting SNL = one of the best things to happen in awhile. Also, the Jimmy Fallon/Tina Fey/Seth Meyers/Amy Poehler joke-off is pure brilliance. These guys should be together in everything, always.
- I’m pretty sure Ryan Gosling is overexposed at this point (and no, I’m not talking about all those shirtless scenes in Crazy Stupid Love, ba dum bum), but I still love this. Also, I get all the jokes, which makes me feel like a silly law school nerd. Also, he’s tasty. (That last sentence was unnecessary, I know.)
- Wisconsin has been pulling some shenanigans lately, but we all know that Michigan is the only mitten state.
- A speculative list of Jay-Z’s 99 problems. Too good.
- SNL’s Taran Killam recreates Robyn’s Call Your Girlfriend. I love this song, and I give him major props for basically having the video memorized. And for doing it in a super-confined space. And for wearing a fluffy cropped shirt.
- Zeitgeist 2011: Year in Review. This video is so well-done (and I love the song – Sooner or Later, by Mat Kearney).
- The trailer for the Dark Knight Rises looks intense and awesome.
- Tennis players as children. Too cute. I think baby Andre is the most fun. And one more tennis thing – If you don’t watch tennis, then this is probably not very funny. But if you do watch it (perhaps obsessively), then it’s downright hilarious.
- A seal crying. Awwwwww. Is this not the most heartbreaking thing you’ve ever seen?
And in case you missed it: the Awesome Archives