(Images via Entertainment Weekly)
The weekly roundup of internet finds:
- I’m loving the poster art for the new Dark Shadows movie. Weird and wonderful.
- Guys, why is Jody Sawyer in a Shamrock Shake commercial?!?! Also, I want a Shamrock Shake, like now. Is it too late?
- Last week, I mentioned America’s favorite Olive Garden reviewer. This week, she takes on NYC hotdogs. Adorable.
- Completely random, but this makes me laugh: Batman Running away from Shit. I can’t explain why, but I find it hilarious.
- 42 Puppies You’ll Want to Take Home with You. And I do. I really do.
- I randomly stumbled across the opening credits for Felicity the other day. It’s been years since I watched the show, and I had forgotten how beautiful that sequence is. Also, whatever happened to Amy Jo Johnson? Also, part 2, I’m realizing I’m still not over the fact that Felicity didn’t pick Noel.
- Two recent Thought Catalog posts I enjoyed: 10 Definitively ’90s Commercials and An Encyclopedia of Boy Bands. (Note: I will never not love LFO’s Summer Girls: “New Kids on the Block had a bunch of hits; Chinese food makes me sick.” Lyrical brilliance.)
- I loved the Marimekko Google logo from earlier this week.
- Jhumpa Lahiri’s piece on the power of beautifully-crafted writing, My Life’s Sentences, is wonderful. She’s one of my all-time favorite authors. I particularly loved this line: “For surely it is a magical thing for a handful of words, artfully arranged, to stop time.”
- And finally, after George Clooney was arrested last week, John Kerry’s response on Twitter made me laugh:
In need of more awesome? Find it here.