Sidenote: I am not British, but sometimes I do wish I had a jaunty British accent. When I say things like “A to Zed,” I can pretend I do.
Anyway…I saw an A to Z list on Kara’s blog and thought I’d give it a try. So, here’s me, from A to Z.
- A: Age: 25
- B: Bed size: Currently? Extra long twin (whoo hoo, Lawyers Club dorm-like beds!). But my real bed (which I did not schlep to law school) is a comfy queen. I miss it.
- C: Chore that you hate: Is “all of them” an appropriate answer? I think maybe I hate laundry most of all – sorting clothes, washing clothes, FOLDING clothes. Ugh.
- D: Dogs: My family has a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel, Baxter. He is the cutest dog ever. Period. Look for a post on him soon!
- E: Essential start to your day: Lay in bed, check email/Twitter/Facebook on my iPhone, delay getting up for as long as possible, and end up having to rush to get ready because of aforementioned delaying.
- F: Favorite color: So difficult to choose just one! On any given day, it could be green, blue, or red.
- G: Gold or Silver: Silver, all the way. I hate (hate, hate, HATE) gold jewelry.
- H: Height: I always say 5’6″, and that’s what’s on my driver’s license, but I’m almost certain that’s a lie. Probably more like 5’5″.
- I: Instruments you play: Not a one.
- J: Job title: Law Student (formerly, Project Manager. But I’ve regressed back into academia, and it is glorious).
- K: Kids: Nada. Maybe someday. I already know what I’d name my boy and girl. Is that strange?
- L: Live: Ann Arbor, Michigan
- M: Mother’s name: Beth
- N: Nicknames: Laur, Little Laurie (from my dad), and flygrai (It rhymes. Think about it).
- O: Overnight hospital stays: Never ever. Okay, maybe the night I was born.
- P: Pet peeves: I have many, but to start with: people who abruptly stop in the middle of a crowded hallway. Also: when you write an email with a very specific question or set of questions, and you get a reply that basically says whatever semi-related thoughts that person felt like writing but does not include the answers to any of your questions.
- Q: Quotation from a movie: I didn’t really like this movie (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button), but I adore this quotation: “For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.”
- R: Right or left handed: Right
- S: Siblings: One sister, Janelle
- U: Underwear: Not sure what they’re looking for here but, you know, I always wear it. I’m not going to get more detailed than that!
- V: Vegetable you hate: Cauliflower. So gross.
- W: What makes you run late: Pretty much everything. Sometimes I think the only thing I’m on time for is class, and that’s just because I’m scared of a professor yelling at me/shaming me in front of everyone.
- X: X-Rays you’ve had: Just teeth, I think. I had an embarrassing incident where I fell down stairs and hit my head on a door at the bottom, so maybe a head x-ray? Not sure.
- Y: Yummy food that you make: The one thing I make that people always go CRAZY about are no-bake chocolate peanut butter bars. It is essentially the simplest recipe in the world, but people still freak out.
- Z: Zoo animal: Polar bears or panda bears! Fluffiness always wins!