I almost didn’t write this. It seemed corny, and like an activity Oprah would encourage you to do. However, it is Thanksgiving, so what else am I going to post about? And, as it turned out, I could think of plenty of things I was thankful for. Here are ten such things (though I know I have many more). Some are serious, some are silly – but life should always be a little bit of both, I think.
- My family. One of the reasons I chose Michigan for law school is because I knew that, after law school, I’ll probably never live in Michigan again, and I thought it would be nice to be close to them for three more years (awwww.)
- My friends, especially the ones I’ve been friends with for awhile. I love shared jokes that never get old, even if you’ve repeated them to each other a million times.
- Living in the Lawyers Club. It takes me two minutes to walk to class. For someone who likes to sleep in until the last possible moment, this is crucial.
- Funny ladies: Amy Poehler, Mindy Kaling, Tina Fey, Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig. It’s a golden age for female comedy, I tell you. Girl power! (Oh god, why did I write that last sentence?)
- That I got into Michigan for law school. I like going to law school here so much that it borders on being embarrassingly dorky. But it’s nice to know that I made a good decision. I’m so much happier here than I was at my old job, and I feel like I know now that this is the right path for me.
- Starbucks Peppermint Mochas. They make me feel festive + happy.
- That my sister and my best friend both live in NYC. If they can’t be where I am, they might as well be there; I’ll always have a good reason to visit the city.
- The opportunity to travel. Over the past several years, I’ve gotten to travel overseas several times. It’s my favorite thing to do, and I know I’m lucky to have the means to do it.
- Stuffing, made by my dad. This is probably what I would choose to eat as my last meal. Just a plate of this stuffing. And I would die happy.
- My little puppy dog – the cutest and kindest dog a girl could ask for.