Some things I think are really awesome on the interwebs this week:
- A boxing match between Jack Donaghy and Ron Swanson would be the best thing EVER. And Ron Swanson would win, obvi.
- Dueling Snow White trailers: I think Mirror, Mirror looks the best – Julia Roberts is funny, Lily Collins looks perfect as Snow White, and Armie Hammer basically seems made to be a Disney prince. I can’t get behind the Kristen Stewart one because, well, it stars Kristen Stewart. (Fact: I have only written a letter to a magazine once in my life, and it was to Vogue after they put Kristen Stewart on their cover. I was outraged. Vogue! How could you make such an egregious error??)
- Dammit, Beyonce, how did you get to be so awesome? (Yes, I cried the first time I watched this. And maybe the second.)
- If I haven’t mentioned it yet, one of my favorite books ever is Peter Mayle’s A Year in Provence. I’ve always wanted to visit the region, but this post (5 Villages Not to Miss in the Luberon, Provence) makes me want to go even more. I have serious wanderlust.
- An Anthony Bourdain profile. I used to really dislike him (mostly because I think I would be terrified to meet him), but he’s grown on me. Over the summer, I watched countless episodes of No Reservations. As it turns out, he’s pretty great (and he knows Rachel Ray is evil, so he gets major points for that).
- Totally nerding out: a quick behind-the-scenes look at Game of Thrones, season 2. Can’t believe it’s not on until April!
- This is awesome: a series of very cool illustrations demonstrating Paris vs. New York. I think my favorite is Parisienne vs. Mad Men.
- These Live the Language videos are very cool – and make me want to book a trip somewhere (anywhere) ASAP.
- I find this interview so amusing. Daniel Radcliffe is such a dork, in the very best possible way. Love him.
- I totally love 90s nostalgia. And all these things are so true, especially the Beanie Babies one. What were we all thinking???