(image via GQ)
This week’s most awesome finds:
- Odds Are, You Probably Don’t Exist. A fascinating idea to consider.
- I’ve pretty much given up on Glee; I quit watching after the first episode of this season because it’s gotten downright awful at times. However, I saw this clip floating around the internet and I have to say it’s an amazing mash-up. You can’t go wrong with Adele.
- Those Who Stay Will Redeem Themselves – probably my favorite article about last weekend’s victory over Ohio State.
- Okay, these vintage ads are decidedly not awesome, but they did make me laugh at how ridiculous they are. They are all offensive, but my personal vote for the worst would be: Most men ask, “is she pretty?,” not, “is she clever?”
- I love this so much – Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake are two of GQ’s Men of the Year, and their interview and pictures together make me so happy. Adorable.
- This video, where Diane von Furstenberg talks about her travel philosophy, is great. First, I love DvF (one of the all-time most stylish women). Second, the illustrations are so charming.
- This sounds like the best trip ever. Aziz Ansari AND David Chang in Tokyo, drinking Zima? Hilarity ensues.
- Nostalgia Fact-Check: a series of blog posts on New York Magazine’s website, re-examining old movies/TV shows/music. This is such a fun idea (and perhaps one I might steal for my own blog?). I especially love the posts on Dawson’s Creek and Ace of Base – two things that, I’ll admit, I loved way back in the day, but that don’t hold up quite so well now.
- I found this compilation of analogies, and some of them are hilarious (some hilariously good, others hilariously bad). I have no idea why, but I think I liked this one the best: “The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t.”
- I can’t believe I’ve never seen this before. Damn right, that’s hurting my scar. I’ll never be able to hear “Milkshake” the same way again.
Check it: The Awesome Archives