(image via Media Bistro)
The semi-weekly roundup of internet awesomeness:
- One of my favorite places I’ve ever visited was the Cinque Terre, so you can imagine how sad I was to hear about the devastation in Vernazza (torrential rainfall, flooding, and mudslides) last fall. That’s why this project – artists painting the boarded-up doorways in the damaged areas of town – made me so happy. I truly hope the town rebuilds (and the tourism business returns).
- Whenever I’m sad, I’m just going to watch this. So much Ron Swanson love!
- All the Shit “X People” Say videos are getting old, but I actually enjoyed this one, since before I came to law school I was a project manager for 3 years. These are all true and made me laugh – I especially loved the phone intros and wrap-ups. So, so true. Although, the video did miss some phrases that I waaaay overused: “circle back,” “follow up,” “go-live critical,” “back to baselines,” and “who’s owning this task?”
- Paula Deen’s Health Food Cookbook. Is this funny or really, really sad?
- How have I never heard of Regretsy before? So hilarious, especially this post. Dying.
- Have you seen my croquet cleats? I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – Schmidt from New Girl is the absolute best. This douchebag jar montage from last week’s episode is amazing.
- In the next few months, I’m sure I’ll keep mentioning how excited I am for the Hunger Games movie (and how that kind of makes me feel like a silly tween). Anyway, point one is: brace yourselves. And point two is: this parody trailer is fun.
- 32 Pictures That Will Make You Say Awwwwww. They weren’t kidding – these really will.
- This is an oldie but a goodie – James van der Memes. Dawson crying always makes me laugh.
- I haven’t seen Shame yet, so I can’t say if Michael Fassbender deserved an Oscar nomination. However, judging on hotness alone, he did. Thus – 50 Reasons the Oscars Don’t Matter Anymore.