(image via Eleni’s Bakery)
The weekly-ish roundup of internet awesomeness:
- This week in Downton Abbey internet finds…comparisons of the cast onscreen and off. For some of them the difference is crazy! Particularly Mrs. O’Brien and Mrs. Hughes – both so pretty in real life!
- Oh, wait, there’s more Downton. This video (from BBC Comic Relief) is kind of old but SO hilarious. I especially love the girl playing Mary – the way she widens her eyes at everything killed me. And Kim Cattrall as Cora! So good.
- Cougar Town comes back on February 14 (what, what! celebrate!). Anyway, here’s a cute video of the cast pitching new names for the show (“Seinfeld and Cox? Oh, that’s weird.”) And, on a related note, if you don’t mind being spoiled on some plot developments – a season 3 highlight reel. Cannot tell you how excited this makes me.
- A “make your own music video” with New Girl’s theme song. I thought this was pretty cute, and anytime I get to see the gang do the slo-mo chicken dance is a good time for me.
- You know February 14 is Valentine’s Day, but did you know February 13 is Galentine’s Day? You do if you watch Parks and Rec, I’m sure. Find out how to create the perfect Galentine’s Day brunch here. I love Leslie Knope.
- Oscar-themed cookies! If I had an extra $75 to blow on something completely meaningless, I’d buy these and throw a fancy Oscar party. Also, there is an Uggie the dog cookie! Too precious to eat, I think.
- Ellen DeGeneres, per usual, manages to handle tough situations with humor and grace. Great clip, great message.
- What would happen if Lana Del Ray’s Video Games combined with the Hunger Games? This would happened, and it would be fantastic.
- If Jean Dujardin starred in every movie, I would not complain.
- I love this blog post from Rick Steves. One line, in particular, resonated with me: “It takes discipline to let serendipity trump carefully laid plans.” That is such a good travel philosophy, and one I’m sometimes afraid I forget.
And in case you missed it: The Awesome Archives