(Images via Entertainment Weekly)
The kinda-weekly roundup of internet gems:
- I admit it: I”m semi-obsessed with the Hunger Games. That’s why I find this map of Panem fascinating. The amount of detail and the careful thought process the makers put into it is amazing.
- And one more Hunger Games thing – posters for the movie, if it had been directed by other famous directors. So good. I think I like the Nancy Meyers one best: “She’s been chosen…but can she choose?”
- This will sound dorky, but it drives me crazy when people don’t use the Oxford comma. Here’s a good reason why.
- One of the most emblematic parts of my childhood? American Girl dolls. Here’s a piece I completely identify with.
- One Tiny Hand. This is both really creepy and completely hilarious.
- Another week, another set of cute dog pictures – The Bizarre Ways That Dogs Like to Sleep. Too cute not to post.
- I used to work as a writing tutor during college, so I found this particularly hilarious: Lines from The Princess Bride that Double as Comments on Freshman Composition Papers. “You keep using this word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”
- A 12-year-old rants against plain donuts. Hilarious. Sample line: “It’s just a BAGEL! A BAGEL!”
- Zoopreme Court: pictures of Supreme Court justices as animals. This will be funny to approximately no one but me.
- Between the return of Mad Men last Sunday and the return of Game of Thrones this one, it’s a pretty great few weeks to be a TV lover. Sunday is Coming.
Want more awesome? Ask and you shall receive.