(Image via Children with Swag)
The weekly-ish roundup of internet awesomeness:
- Children with Swag. I love this tumblr, though it proves that a large portion of the child population is more stylish than I am. Sad.
- The best bucket list ever: 15 Things To Do Before You Die.
- If the characters of Downton Abbey were portrayed by dogs, this is what they’d look like. Hilarious. I especially love the Dowager Countess, Mary, and Cora. Nailed it.
- One more Downton Abbey thing – Downton Arby’s. Poor Edith, per usual.
- “Eat It, Don’t Tweet It.” I admit it – I’m guilty of this, as anyone who has ever read this blog will know.
- A commercial for the new season of No Reservations. Anthony Bourdain may not be warm and cuddly, but his observations on and philosophy about travel are spot-on.
- In the Venus Project, classic paintings are re-done to reflect modern standards of beauty. I found this fascinating, and the one that really stuck out to me was Boticelli’s Birth of Venus. It’s one of my favorite paintings, but looks sad and diminished like that.
- Greg Laswell’s stop-motion music video for “Back to You” is fantastic. Also, I want to buy his new album, like now.
- Some people play Fantasy Football. I, however, am more likely to play Fantasy Supreme Court. Such a nerd.
- This video gives me chills – “Because It’s the Cup.” Playoff hockey is the best, and so are the Red Wings.
Looking for the Awesome Archives? As you wish.