(Image via Lipstick and Politics)
The weekly-ish roundup of all that is awesome from the internets:
- I never get tired of a good flash mob, and this one (inside the Copenhagen Metro) is particularly beautiful.
- If I could only see one movie in 2012, I would probably choose the Great Gatsby. The trailer just came out, and it looks amazing. Of course, I thought the last trailer for a Baz Luhrmann film (Australia) looked amazing, and look how that movie turned out (hint: not well).
- On second thought…the trailer for Les Mis also looks amazing. Sing it, Anne Hathaway.
- A Game of Thrones cooking blog. This might sound dorky, but I think that’s a pretty cool idea – and the amount of detail, time, and thought put into the website is incredible.
- And one more GoT thing – a comparison of the characters in Game of Thrones and Mad Men. All are pretty funny, but my favorite is definitely Hodor and Trudy Campbell.
- I love this list of beautiful song lyrics. Number 4 is from my all-time favorite song; number 7 is lovely; number 10 is not the Jeff Buckley song I would have chosen (I would’ve gone with lyrics from this one), but is still lovely; and number 22 might just be my number one, if I wrote the list.
- A fascinating study in contrasts: Where Children Sleep.
- I’m a sucker for a good marriage proposal video, and this one just may be the best I’ve ever seen.
- In honor of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, I thought this look back at some of her best ensembles was fun.
- Nicklas Lidstrom retired last week, and then took out this thank you ad in the paper. Pure class.
Looking for more awesome in your life? Head to the Awesome Archives.