The weekly roundup of internet fabulosity:
- My heart belongs to Cavaliers, but Corgis are everywhere this week: singing “Call Me Maybe” and popping up in places they don’t belong. Awww!
- I love Pimm’s, so you can imagine how excited I was to see this Pimm’s Cake. This just got moved to the top of my “to make” list.
- This one makes me laugh because it’s totally true: Dads Are the Original Hipsters.
- Another thing that is funny because it’s true: “Five Ways ‘You’ve Got Mail’ Ruined My Life.” Also, is it just me, or is You’ve Got Mail way underrated, as far as romantic comedies go?
- For sure, this was the funniest tweet I saw last week, from Mia Farrow and Woody Allen’s son.
- I’ve been getting pumped about fall movies lately – first I saw trailers for Great Gatsby, then Les Mis, then Django Unchained. And now this: Anna Karenina. It looks absolutely stunning. And I’m still marveling how they managed to make Jude Law (freaking Jude Law!) ugly.
- Underground New York Public Library – a collection of (perhaps stalker-ish) pictures of people reading on the subway. Fascinating.
- A few months back, I posted a video of a kid who got wait-listed at Michigan and made a video riff on the Jackon 5’s “I Want You Back,” asking to be let in. And guess what? He got in.
- This project is hilarious: movie trailers re-cut to make them a different genre. Think “The Shining” as a feel good comedy and “Mary Poppins” as a horror movie.
- If you are a tennis fan, you should be following Pseudo Fed on Twitter and reading the Pseudo Fed blog. It’s flat-out hilarious.
In search of more awesome? Look no further than the Awesome Archives.