My weekly roundup of awesome internet finds, this week with an emphasis on Olympic-level awesomeness:
- This is disturbing yet hilarious: Awkward Figure Skating Faces vs. Awkward Diving Faces.
- McKayla Maroney’s Vault Was So Good, It Literally Dropped a Judge’s Jaw. While the judges may have been impressed by Maroney, McKayla is not impressed with the judges…or anyone else for that matter. See this tumblr for more details.
- Ryan Lochte is a ridiculously talented swimmer but…he’s kind of a tool. Case in point: 10 Reasons Why Ryan Lochte is America’s Sexiest Douchebag. And for a little more Lochte: a comparison of Ryan Lochte and Ryan Gosling. Spoiler alert: Gosling comes out on top, by a mile.
- Decoding the dance moves of the Independent Olympic Athletes. It all makes sense now!
- Nathan Adrian is the Olympic Crush America Needs. Agreed. Also, I give you: Exhibit B.
- Check out these photos of US athletes with their medals. Everyone’s pictures are cute, but Danell Leyva’s is perhaps the best.
- This Olympics, more so than in previous incarnations, I noticed the shortcomings in NBC’s coverage. This article, contrasting NBC’s and the BBC’s approaches, is interesting (and makes me wish I had access to BBC’s 24 channels of Olympic coverage).
- The 10 Most Unusual Rules of the Olympic Games. Very interesting – especially number 2. That story should have made more news.
- This is just incredible: The US Women’s Gymnastics Team As “Mean Girls.” I can’t even.
- I love this article on the US Women’s soccer team, Perfectly Captivating Amid All Their Imperfections. Great article, and great game against Canada – one of those classics that I’ll always remember where I was and who I was watching with.
And in case you missed it: The Things That Are Awesome archives
(Image via McKayla Is Not Impressed)