Instagram is, hands down, my favorite social media creation ever. One might even say – rather uncharitably, I would argue – that I am ever so slightly obsessed with it.
In recent months, however, I haven’t been feeling very Instagram-inspired. Well, to be clear, I was still inspired by other people’s photographs on Instagram, but I didn’t feel I was snapping many Instagram-worthy moments of my own. The last few months of the school year were crazy busy, and it seemed like I was spending much more time in the library or hunched over my desk than I was doing anything remotely worth photographing.
Fast forward to this summer – now, I’m in NYC, and there are things to photograph everywhere. I might be stating the obvious, but this city is so inspiring, and I’m on an Instagram kick once again. Here are some highlights from May in NYC:
1. Arriving at LGA / 2. Sparklers in champagne at our PS 450 brunch
3. NYC in motion / 4. My favorite piece of architecture, the Flatiron
7. AD posters on the street / 8. Peeking into Gramercy Park
11. Evening at the Shake Shack / 12. Flowers on the Upper West Side
17. Punk: Chaos to Couture at the Met / 18. More from the punk exhibit
19. Textured art at the Met / 20. Passing by Bloomingdales
21. Colorful wares at Marimekko / 22. Walking through Astor Place
23. Pizza & Prosecco at Sotto 13 / 24. High school friends at brunch!
25. Reading at Madison Square Park / 26. I love this building
27. Passing by Radio City Music Hall / 28. Catching Manhattanhenge
29. Bedford Ave. in Williamsburg / 30. Posters in Williamsburg
31. Maple bacon at Smorgasburg / 32. Lovely Manhattan
If you like these, why not follow me on Instagram?