The weekly roundup of internet awesomeness:
- If you love You’ve Got Mail, then you will love this Onion article: Fox Books Files for Bankruptcy. And if you don’t love You’ve Got Mail, then you and I can never be friends.
- As someone who recently flew Spirit Airlines and loathed the experience, I heartily endorse this: FAA Report: Spirit Airlines Is the Fucking Worst (it really, truly is) (you cannot even get a tiny cup of water for free on a Spirir flight, FYI).
- Have mercy! Jesse & The Rippers reunited on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon last weekend and it was amazing. Elementary school-aged Laura thought “Forever” was one of the most romantic songs ever (OMG, I just found the original Forever music video on YouTube and it is EPIC. I’m dying).
- There’s a new Catching Fire trailer! I’m probably more excited about this movie than an adult should be, to be honest. Also: Finnick.
- With Detroit filing for bankruptcy, there’s been a lot of chatter about the city this week. Here are two pieces I really liked: We Love Detroit, Even If You Don’t and Detroit’s Bankruptcy Paves the Way for Reinvention.
- Another good Detroit feature: Johnny Knoxville Explores the New D.
- This video is SO well done: The Wizard of Ahhhs. The talent and creativity of people never fails to amaze me.
- So, my mom and I are traveling to Ireland and London in August, and if this gigantic Mr. Darcy statue is still around London when we’re there, we are clearly paying it a visit. Completely pointless, yet completely awesome.
- New Study Names Michigan as College Football’s Most Engaged Fans. HAIL.
- Just because: The Carlos Danger Name Generator. I got Alfonso Hazard. What about you?
(Image via Buzzfeed)