The weekly roundup of internet awesomeness:
- This month marked the 15th anniversary of one of my favorite movies, You’ve Got Mail, so here are a few celebrations: You’ve Got Mail’s Guide to New York and Why Anyone with a Soul Loves You’ve Got Mail.
- I’ve been thinking I really, really want to get a dog, and right now, a French Bulldog tops my list. Here’s a reminder why: 50 Adorable Reasons That 2013 Was the Year of the French Bulldog.
- Clever and spot-on: Here’s What Christmas Morning Would Look Like Through the Lens of Your Favorite Directors.
- Community’s new promo, spoofing Mad Men, makes me super excited for the return of both shows next year.
- Yep, yep, yep: 22 Lies Disney Told About Hair.
- This has been making the rounds on Facebook lately, so you’ve probably already seen it, but it’s still fascinating nonetheless: How Y’all, Youse and You Guys Talk. And, yes, my map confirms that I speak exactly like a Michigander.
- I laughed so, so hard while scrolling through this: 33 GIFs from 2013 That Will Make You Laugh Every Time.
- I often think about how entire portions of my favorite movies would not be possible given the modern technology of today, and this is an excellent example: 8 Home Alone Travel Disasters That Would Never Happen Today.
- This is amazing: How an Amazon Mix-Up Led to the Greatest Twitter Rant Ever. #HamburgerEarmuffs.
- I’m single and I did a lot of holiday baking this Christmas season, so I love this: Here’s How to Make Christmas Cookies When You’re Going to Die Alone. (“Maybe watch Home Alone…because that’s what you’ll be.”)
(Image via Buzzfeed)