The weekly roundup of things that are awesome:
- I saw The Wolf of Wall Street over Christmas break (and thought the movie itself was okay but Leo was flat-out great), and I’ve been thinking a lot about all the criticism it’s taking for “glorifying” shady behavior. At first, I was inclined to think the criticism was overblown, but after reading this, I’m less sure: An Open Letter to the Makers of the Wolf of Wall Street.
- So many interesting tidbits here: 40 Maps That Will Help You Understand the World.
- Here’s Tina Fey and Amy Poehler’s Golden Globes Opening Monologue. Spoiler alert: it’s perfection.
- Disturbing yet accurate: The Cast of HBO’s Girls As American Girl Dolls.
- I’ve only lived here for two weeks, but I can already attest to the truth of #15 and #18: 18 Things You’re Only Afraid of If You Live in Geneva.
- Because everyone knows Puppy Bowl > Super Bowl: The 2014 Puppy Bowl Lineup Will Tackle Your Heart.
- A childhood slumber party was not really a slumber party until we watched this movie: 30 Reasons Now and Then Was a Defining Childhood Movie for Girls.
- Pretty accurate (minus the part about Biggby Coffee, which I really don’t think is true): How to Piss Off Someone from Michigan.
- Believe it or not, I didn’t just include this list because #26 happens to have been taken by yours truly: 30 Instagram Photos That Will Make You Fall in Love with Ann Arbor.
- This is adorable and I love it: Peter Pan Proposes to Wendy Onstage. (However, it does raise a burning question – why are they singing “You Raise Me Up” in a Peter Pan performance?!?)
(Image via Entertainment Weekly)