Can foreigners open Maybank?
Yes, it is possible to open a bank account in Malaysia as a non-resident. You just need to provide the necessary paperwork, which as you see, does not require proof of address in Malaysia. If you choose a foreign bank, you can even start the process from abroad.
Can I open a Maybank Malaysia account in Singapore?
No, the service for opening a Maybank Malaysia Savings Account via Maybank2u.com.sg is currently not available.
How can a foreigner open an account in Singapore?
Online account application is only available for Singaporeans, Permanent Residents and Foreigners with valid Singapore work pass (e.g. employment / S pass) or student pass.
Foreigner (Studying in Singapore)
- Identification Document. Provide valid Passport (biodata) …
- Proof of Study in Singapore. …
- Proof of Residential Address.
How much does it cost to open a Maybank account in Singapore?
Savings Account / Savings Account-i / Regular Savings Account-i
|Minimum Initial Deposit|
|Non-resident (Non-Singapore NRIC Holder)||S$1,000 (for Savings Account and Savings Account-i) S$500 (for Regular Savings Account-i)|
How can a foreigner open a Maybank account?
For non-residents or foreigners, please provide a valid passport.
You may also need supporting documents like:
- A valid driving license.
- Utility bills (e.g. water/electricity/telephone bills, Quit Rent, Assessment Notice) with your name and address.
- Letter of employment.
How can a foreigner open a bank account?
The foreign national is required to furnish copies of the following documents to open the bank account:
- Valid foreign passport.
- Valid Indian visa ( it should be a longterm visa: valid for more than 182 days).
- Copy of Foreigners Registration Office (FRO) permit.
- Overseas address proof.
- Indian address proof.
Upon registration, you will see “Maybank2u@SG” in the left-hand tab when you login to Maybank2u.com Malaysia. Simply click on the link, then select “Proceed to Maybank2u.com Singapore”.
Can Malaysian Open bank account in Singapore online?
The only way for Malaysians to open a Singapore bank account through fully online application. A Shariah-compliant version to the conventional FastSaver account is also available.
How open Maybank account Singapore?
Login to Maybank2u.com.sg (Singapore)
- Key in your Username and Password for Maybank2u.com.sg (Singapore).
- Click on “Maybank2u@MY” in the left-hand tab.
- To begin the registration, click “here” for one-time activation.
- Key in the following then click “submit”:
Can a non resident foreigner open a bank account in Singapore?
If you are a foreigner or not a resident of Singapore, then you can still open a bank account without any trouble. … To open a bank account as a foreigner in Singapore you’ll need: Proof of Identity (Passport or ID card) Proof of Address (Utility bills, etc.)
What is best bank in Singapore for foreigners and expats?
3. The top 6 banks in Singapore for foreigners
- DBS (Development Bank of Singapore) and POSB.
- United Overseas Bank (UOB)
- Overseas Chinese Banking Corporation (OCBC)
- The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (HSBC)
- Standard Chartered.
Can I open a bank account online without going to the bank in Singapore?
You don’t need to make a minimum deposit to open this account either. However, you will need to visit a branch in person – you can’t apply online.