Can I travel to Mexico with extension letter?

Can I travel to Mexico with green card extension letter?

2 attorney answers

The valid extension plus a valid passport plus your expired resident card are sufficient for travel back to United States. The Mexican government makes their own determination of what documents they will accept for entry into Mexico.

Can I travel with my extension letter?

Yes, the green card extension letter serves as proof of the extension of your expired green card, you can take it with you to the DMV to review your driver’s license, you can use it to travel internationally, or obtain employment in the U.S. Our airports recognize the letter as an extension of your green card and you …

Can I travel to Mexico with Form I-797?

All EAD cards, I-797 A Forms, Advance Parole Forms, I-20 OR DS-2019 are not accepted to enter Mexico. A foreigner of any country traveling to Mexico on leisure trips visiting Mexican maritime ports by cruise, are not required to obtain a visa or consular stamp.

THIS IS INTERESTING:  You asked: Do I need a visa for a layover in Canada?

Can you travel internationally with Form I-797?

You cannot use the Form I-797 alone as your only form of identification for air travel. However, it can be used as a secondary form of identification in addition to other forms of valid identification. The Form I-797 is not considered by the U.S. government to be a travel document.

Can I travel while my i-90 is pending?

USCIS Announces New Process for Green Card Extension While I-90 Is Pending. … More importantly, the change provides permanent residents who have pending applications with documentary evidence of employment authorization, authorization to travel, and identity.

What if my green card expires while waiting for renewal?

Yes. USCIS recommends applying for a new green card if your current card is expired or will expire in the next 6 months. … If you apply for citizenship when your green card is going to expire in less than six months, you may need to apply to renew your green card while you are waiting to be approved for citizenship.

What happens if I-797 expires?

The I-797 receipt notice is an important document. It extends your residency for a period designated by USCIS (normally 18 months, though during the pandemic it’s been lengthened to 24 months owing to agency processing delays). The notice will be your only proof of your legal status after you green card expires.

Can you travel with 18 month extension I-751?

During the 18 months of the extension, the Receipt Notice CAN be used as proof of Lawful Permanent Residence, when accompanied by the Expired Green Card. Just like any Lawful Permanent Resident, Travel abroad with a valid, unexpired foreign passport is permitted for up to 6 months within a 12-month period.

THIS IS INTERESTING:  Can B1 B2 visa be converted to F 1?

Can I travel with I-751 extension letter?

In fact, many immigration attorneys recommend that conditional residents do not take lengthy trips outside the United States while Form I-751 is being adjudicated. … Generally, a conditional resident should limit travel after filing Form I-751. But it is certainly permitted.

What documents do I need to travel to Mexico by air?

Arrivals to Mexico by air

If you are visiting Mexico and arriving by airplane, you must carry a current passport. Note that Passport Cards are not valid for air travel. We also recommend that your passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Mexico.

What documents do I need to enter Mexico?

U.S. citizens must present a valid U.S. passport book or card, in addition to an entry permit (Forma Migratoria Multiple or FMM) issued by Instituto Nacional de Migración (INM). Travelers should be sure to enter Mexico with valid proof of automobile registration, even if remaining in the border zone.

Does automatic revalidation renew your visa?

Returning to the U.S. Using “Automatic Revalidation”

Automatic Revalidation allows certain nonimmigrants to re-enter the U.S. with an expired U.S. visa stamp in their valid passport after visiting Canada, Mexico or an adjacent island for less than 30 days. This includes individuals in F, J, O and H-1B status.