How long does a green card petition take?
In most cases, it takes about two years for a green card to become available, and the entire process takes around three years.
Can you self petition for a green card?
You may self petition for a green card if you qualify under either of the following categories: You are a Person of Extraordinary Ability in the arts, education, business, science or athletics. (EB-1) You are eligible for National Interest Waiver (EB-2)
Can anyone sponsor you for a green card?
Who You Can Help Immigrate. You can petition to bring family members to the United States (often called “sponsoring” them) only if you are a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident (green card holder). Even then, you can bring in only those family members listed on the chart below.
How much does it cost to sponsor someone for a green card?
|Green Card Costs|
|Family Sponsorship Form (I–130)||$535||$535|
|Green Card Application Form (I-485)||$1,140||Not required|
|Financial Support Form (I-864)||$0||$120|
|Work Permit Application Form (I-765) (optional)||$0||Not required|
Who gets a 10 year green card?
If you got your residency through your employer or your parent or adult child or brother or sister you will be issued the regular 10-year card. Also if you get residency through marriage and have been married more than two years at the time you are granted then you also will get the regular 10-year card.
How can I get a green card fast?
5 Fastest Ways to Get a Green Card
- Marriage to U.S. Citizen. This is the fastest way to immigrate. …
- Immigration through family reunification. Immigration through family reunification can take from nine months up to five years. …
- Political Asylum in the USA. …
- Immigration of extraordinary ability people. …
- Investment immigration.
What is a VAWA petition?
The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) allows battered immigrants to petition for legal status in the United States without relying on abusive U.S.citizen or legal permanent resident spouses, parents or children to sponsor their Adjustment of Status (Form I-485) applications.
Who qualifies VAWA?
To qualify for VAWA cancellation of removal, a victim must prove:
- He or she has been battered or subjected to extreme cruelty by a U.S.-citizen or LPR spouse or parent.
- Physical presence in the United States for 3 years.
- Good moral character.
- That removal would cause extreme hardship.
What is self sponsored green card?
VAWA legislation allows spouses and children of a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR), who are not citizens, to self-petition to obtain a green card without the assistance of their abuser. The protection applies to both men and women.
Can my friend sponsor me to live in USA?
You don’t have to be a relative to be someone’s financial sponsor. So, a friend can become a financial sponsor. To become a financial sponsor, you must file an I-864, or an Affidavit of Support. In this affidavit, you promise to support the non-citizen once the non-citizen enters the U.S.
What is the easiest way to immigrate to USA?
Ways to immigrate to the United States
- Green Card Lottery. Winning the US Green Card Lottery is probably the most beautiful and, with a little luck, also the easiest way into the country of your dreams. …
- Family-based immigration. …
- Employment-based immigration. …
- Immigration via investment.
Can I petition my cousin to USA?
Other family members include your parents and family preference relatives. After you’ve become a U.S. Citizen, you can start filing a petition for them. … Please note that you cannot file a petition for family members like grandparents, aunts, cousins, nephews, etc.