What are the qualifications of a tour guide?
To become a qualified tour guide you have to complete a THETA-approved tour guide course (several establishments offer this). My training with regards to wine was a result of self-exploration.
What makes a great tour guide?
Great tour guides aren’t just the most knowledgeable or the most entertaining. They do special and unexpected things almost by instinct. … Great guides know how to use their strengths and knowledge to make sure their guests have the most amazing tour possible.
What are the qualifications of a travel consultant?
In order to be successful as a Travel Consultant, you should have the following skills:
- Enthusiastic about travel and tourism.
- Proficiency in English.
- Excellent sales and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organisational skills.
- Numerical skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
How much do tour guides make?
Tour guides generally earn from $50 – $150 per day in base pay. In addition, most guides receive passenger tips, which can increase earnings substantially. Between wages and tips, a TD can average $250 – $350 per day of the tour.
Why is it important to study the qualities of an ideal tour guide?
Knowledge. An ideal tourist guide provides accurate and interesting information about the visited place. Each city or attraction is unique in its own way, and there is always something unusual and interesting for foreigners to learn. Sharing accurate information will enrich tourists’ knowledge and experience.
What are the five characteristics of a great tour guide?
5 Characteristics of the Perfect Tour Guide
- There are average tour guides—and then there are the ones people remember forever. …
- They’re deeply knowledgeable, and can answer questions. …
- They’re confident with the details of their job. …
- They make people laugh. …
- They listen. …
- They go the extra mile.