What is the difference between mass tourism and Specialised tourism?
It is a popular form of tourism and is often sold through ready-made holiday packages. The traditional sun, sea and sand holiday to the Spanish Costas is an example of mass tourism. Specialised tourism is the provision of customised tourism activities that cater to the specific interests of groups and individuals.
What are the main characteristics of mass tourism?
Characteristics of mass tourism
- Extreme concentration of tourists. The most obviously characteristic of mass tourism is that there are a lot of tourists. …
- Saturation of a destination. …
- Organised groups. …
- Accessibility. …
- Media and promotion. …
- The stage of consolidation. …
- Psychocentric tourists. …
- Enclave tourism.
What is mass tourism?
Mass tourism occurs when large numbers of people visit the same place at any one time. … Mass tourism is often the most popular form of tourism as it is usually the cheapest way to go on holiday by booking a package deal using the internet or through a travel agent .
What is the importance of niche tourism?
Locations with specific niche products are able to establish and position themselves, as niche tourism destinations. Niche tourism, through image creation, helps destinations to differentiate their tourism products and compete in an increasingly competitive and cluttered tourism environment.
How does sustainable tourism differs from mass tourism in terms of goals?
Sustainability is the goal, a goal which can only be achieved by people taking responsibility together to achieve it. Responsible Tourism is about taking responsibility for making tourism sustainable and about what people do to address the many specific challenges we face.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of mass tourism?
|Positive impacts||Negative impacts|
|Improvement in general infrastructure can help locals.||Traditional jobs will be lost as an area switches focus in providing for tourists needs.|
|Profits may ‘leak’ out of an area and back to the headquarters of a multi-national tourism organisation or hotel chain.|
What are some of the characteristics which have been used to differentiate ecotourists from other types of tourists?
Ecotourism generally possesses the following characteristics:
- Conscientious, low-impact visitor behavior.
- Sensitivity towards, and appreciation of, local cultures and biodiversity.
- Support for local conservation efforts.
- Sustainable benefits to local communities.
- Local participation in decision-making.
What are the characteristics of tourist?
Characteristics of Tourist
- Visitors should spend at least on one night in the country visited.
- He is a guest but impersonal guest.
- His activities should be of economic in nature.
- Must not involve in any employment or earning purpose.
- A tourist as a person who travel and stay in a different destination.
What is conventional mass tourism?
What is conventional mass tourism? … Conventional tourism can include mass tourism, but can also include other types of tourism like personally planned, custom or niche tourism. Consumers in particular might be looking for a specific type of trip or experience that takes their individual preferences into account.