What should I wear to my US visa appointment?
We recommend wearing a blazer with a formal blouse as well as jeans or pants preferably dark, can also go with a dress taking into account that this is formal and favorable to the occasion. Avoid miniskirts or very tight dresses.
What document should I bring to a US b1 B2 visa interview?
While applying for a B2 visa, applicants have to bring the following documents along with them to the Consulate or Embassy when they come for their visa interview: Valid Passport (current and old passports). DS-160 form confirmation page. Application fee payment receipt.
What do I need to bring to my biometrics appointment for US visa?
Which documents should I take to my biometrics appointment? You should take the original copy of your USCIS biometrics appointment notice, your receipt letter (from the filed application or petition), and photo identification (e.g. passport, green card, employment authorization card, driver’s license, etc.).
How long does a US visa interview take?
You can expect to be at the Embassy or Consulate for approximately two to three hours. The interview with a consular officer is the last step in a two-step process and typically lasts just a few minutes. Prior to the interview staff will collect, data-enter and review your application.
How do I book an appointment for US visa interview?
How to Book Your Visa Interview at the Embassy
- Step 1: Complete the DS-160 form online! ( …
- Step 2 – Find the embassy nearest to you! …
- Step 3 – Pay the non-refundable application fee. …
- Step 4 – Schedule your visa appointment! …
- Step 5 – Attend Your Visa Interview. …
- Step 6 – Pick up your passport with visa.
Can I wear watch for US visa interview?
When going out for a visa interview in the United States embassy please go with a formal watch with a good leather type strap and not a sports watches type. Please go in a dark grey suit. Remember to cut your hair down and trimmed it neatly around five days before the time of an interview.
What questions are asked in a US visa interview?
Following are few of the common questions asked during the United States Visa interview:
- What is the reason for your travel to the United States? …
- What is the duration of your stay in the United States? …
- Where will you be staying? …
- Where do you stay in India? …
- Who is going to cover your expenses during the travel?
What should I not bring to a US visa interview?
The following items are not allowed in the Embassy during your interview:
- Mobile phones.
- Electronic personal digital assistants.
- Audio or video recording devices.
- Laptop computers.
- Portable music players.
- Travel bags.
What documents do I need for B2 visa interview?
Compile your B2 Visa document file
- Valid passport.
- A photograph that complies with the requirements and guidelines.
- Form DS-160 confirmation page and code.
- Receipt of paid visa fees.
- Interview confirmation page.
- A letter which describes the purpose of your trip.
- Proof of financial means. …
- Ties to your home country.
Do you need affidavit of support for B2 visa?
Affidavit of Support Could Harm B-1/B-2 Application
Since finance is an important part of this process, we do not recommend that a family member or friend submit an affidavit of support for a B-1/B-2 visa applicant unless a U.S. consular specifically requests a Form I-134.