How can a foreigner become a Kenyan citizen?
A person who has been lawfully resident in Kenya for a continuous period of at least seven years, and who satisfies the conditions prescribed by an Act of Parliament, may apply to be registered as a citizen.
Can a foreigner get Kenya passport?
Non-Kenyans wishing to apply for Kenyan citizenship
Foreign nationals wishing to apply for Kenyan citizenship can consult the requirements and conditions on the website of the National Council for Law Reporting. Citizenship cannot be applied for at a Kenyan embassy.
How much does it cost to apply for Kenyan citizenship?
The fee for Citizenship is KES 200,000 for a male and 30,000 for a female (to be paid AFTER Citizenship is approved). The fee must be paid via Bankers Cheque and addressed to: PRINCIPAL SECRETARY MINISTRY OF INTERIOR AND COORDINATION OF NATIONAL GOVERNMENT.
Does Kenya allow dual citizenship?
Dual Citizenship. According to the Constitution of Kenya and the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Act of 2011, the Dual Citizenship is permissible in Kenya. Kenya citizens who have acquired other nationalities are required to disclose their other citizenship by submitting the form available below.
Can a foreigner buy a house in Kenya?
The simple answer is yes, non-citizens can own property in Kenya and enjoy all legal rights and protections that Kenyan citizens enjoy, however they are subject to restrictions with regard to the kind of tenure they can hold in land and are also prevented from owning or dealing with agricultural land.
Who is not allowed to have dual citizenship in Kenya?
(1) A person is not eligible for election or appointment to a State office unless the person is a citizen of Kenya. (2) A State officer or a member of the defence forces shall not hold dual citizenship.
How can I get Kenyan passport?
Steps of Application
- Register on www.ecitizen.go.ke.
- Go to immigration.ecitizen.go.ke and or Department of immigration services and click on the passport application form.
- Read the instructions carefully then fill the application form.
- Select the mode of payment and pay for the passport fees.
How much is international passport in Kenya?
|Valid in||All countries|
|Cost||34 Pages Ordinary “A” Series Kshs. 4550. 50 pages Ordinary “B” Series Kshs. 6050. 66 Pages Ordinary “C” Series kshs.7550. East African passport ksh.990. Mutilated Passport Kshs 10,050. Lost Passport Kshs 12,050.|
How do I become a resident of Kenya?
Kenyan permanent Residency through work
- Create an account on the Government of Kenya Single Sign-On portal.
- Once logged in the eFNS portal, select the “Apply now” Link.
- Click on the “Submit Applications” tab and select the Permanent Residence tab.
- After completing the application form, you will need to make a payment.
Can two foreigners get married in Kenya?
Certificates of No Impediment are issued to KENYAN CITIZENS wishing to have their marriages, either to Kenyan citizens or foreigners (Non-Kenyans) performed abroad. … Every Kenyan wishing to marry abroad has to apply for a Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage from the nearest Kenyan Mission.
Can a refugee become a Kenyan citizen?
There is no policy in place to allow for the acquisition of citizenship or residence status by refugees regardless of their length of stay. … Secondly, if birth in Kenya gave an automatic right of citizenship, children born within the country to refugees would be citizens.
Can one become a Kenyan citizen by marriage?
Section 11 of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Act, 2011: – provides that a person, who has been married to a Kenya citizen for a period of not less than seven years, as long as the marriage was solemnized under a system of law, recognized in Kenya, is entitled to Kenya citizenship.