What documents are required for 491 visa?
There are several documents you’ll be required to supply when applying for a 491 visa.
- passport showing photo, personal details, issue and expiry dates, a national identity card and proof of name change.
- documents proving relationship status, including death, marriage and divorce certificates.
How long does it take to get invitation for 491 visa?
Once you have submitted the State or Region Nomination Application you will then need to wait to receive an invitation to apply. Generally speaking it takes roughly 2 – 8 weeks to receive an invitation to apply for the visa.
How do I get nominated for 491 visa?
Applying for a 491 Visa Nomination
- Step 1 – Check Eligibility Criteria. …
- Step 2 – Check the Occupation List. …
- Step 3 – Get to Know the Northern Inland Region. …
- Step 4 – Complete an EOI on Skill Select. …
- Step 5 – Register Your Interest for NSW nomination. …
- Step 6 – Be Invited to Apply by the NSW Government.
What is the English requirement for 491 visa?
In order to qualify for a Subclass 491 visa, you would need to: Be aged between 18 and 44 inclusive. Have Competent English or higher, and their dependent family members over 18 years of age have at least Functional English.
Is job offer required for 491 visa?
Do I have to have a job offer to be granted the 491 visa? No, you do not require an employer to sponsor you in order to be granted a 491 visa. However, there are a number of states that have additional requirements such as you needing to be living and working within that state in order for an approved nomination.
Can I do any job on 491 visa?
For a 491 visa, the Applicant does not require to be a sponsor by any employer. However, you must be nominated by the state or territory government or get sponsored by an eligible family member living in regional Australia. … However, you are allowed to work in the capital of the state you are nominated by in Australia.
Can I move to another state on 491 visa?
Can I move states after receiving my visa approval? There is no restriction for subclass 491 visa holders to move interstate. However, the nominating state government would generally require you to make a commitment of residing and working in the designated area of which you were nominated.
Which states are open for 491 visa?
State Nominations for Subclass 491 Visas
- AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY (ACT) The ACT uses their own points matrix to select applicants for nomination. …
- NEW SOUTH WALES (NSW) …
- NORTHERN TERRITORY (NT) …
- QUEENSLAND (QLD) …
- SOUTH AUSTRALIA (SA) …
- TASMANIA (TAS) …
- VICTORIA (VIC) …
- WESTERN AUSTRALIA (WA)
How much does EOI cost?
An EOI is not a visa application and there is no fee to create or submit an EOI in SkillSelect. For certain programs you may be required to participate in a skills assessment or appropriate points test.
Is it easy to get 491 visa?
Average Processing Time 2020 – 2021
The current average processing time is as below: subclass 491 visa (state nominated stream) is about 6 months for 75% of all the visas application, and 8 months for 90% of all the visa applications.
Who can sponsor for 491 visa?
Your sponsor must be:
- 18 years old or older.
- usually resident in a designated area of Australia.
- be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- be your eligible relative or your partner’s eligible relative if your partner is also applying for this visa.
How much does 491 visa cost?
How much does a 491 visa cost?
|State or Territory||Cost of 491 state nomination application (AUD) With GST|
|New South Wales||$300/$330|