What qualifications do you need to be a tour guide?
In order to be registered as a tourist guide in South Africa, a person must meet the following minimum requirements:
- must be at least 21 years of age;
- must be a South African citizen or be in possession of a valid work permit;
- must have undergone training with a CATHSSETA-accredited training provider;
Is tour guide a good career?
A tour guide gets the opportunity to see the world. It is a job with no time limit. You have to work for a long 12 hours in a day and may be that on the next day you will be free. It is a good career industry but very competitive.
Is it hard to be a tour guide?
Being a tour guide is tough. Sure, they get to show off the places they love and meet travelers from all over the world (outside of covid times, of course), but they also have to work long hours, often on their feet all day, in the peak season heat, while dealing with demanding guests.
How much a tour guide earns?
The highest salary for a Tour Guide in India is ₹4,55,834 per year. The lowest salary for a Tour Guide in India is ₹44,550 per year.
How do I become a successful tour guide?
10 qualities every good tour guide needs
- You need to be charismatic. While there’s only one tour guide, there can numerous people on a tour, from 2 to 5 to 20 or more. …
- You need to be knowledgeable. …
- You need to be a good communicator. …
- 5 ways tour operators can re-engage followers on social media.
How do tour guides work?
How to Become A Tour Guide
- Step 1 – Determine whether you actually want this job, and have the skills necessary. …
- Step 2 – Determine what kind of guiding job you want. …
- Step 3 – Get training and licenses, if necessary. …
- Step 4 – Get hired or start your own business. …
- Step 5 – Start working, and never stop learning!
How do you become a Blue Badge Guide?
All Blue Badge guides must pass the Institute’s exams or the STGA’s exams. They study for up to two years at university level, taking a comprehensive series of written and practical exams which qualify them to become Blue Badge Tourist Guides. The institute also sets standard for guides to work in foreign languages.