Quick Answer: What qualification is travel and tourism?

What qualification do you need for Travel and tourism?

Qualifications needed

The main requirements are good customer service skills and a good attitude towards customers. You may need English and maths GCSEs. It is important to be hard working, good at problem solving and able to work in a team.

Is Travel and tourism a degree?

Candidates can pursue a degree, diploma, or certificate course in travel and tourism at graduation or post-graduation level. Candidates can also pursue PhD in their chosen subject of travel and tourism to build their career in the field of research.

Is Travel and tourism an NVQ?

The NVQ Diplomas in Travel and Tourism Services can help you get ahead in a range of roles including: Tour manager. … Tourist guide. Tourist information centre assistant.

What qualification is Level 3 Travel and tourism?

This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above. The qualification is designed for learners who want to go on to higher level studies or into a relevant Travel and Tourism role, and is suitable for use within a Study Programme.

THIS IS INTERESTING:  Your question: How do I report a foreign bank account on my tax return?

What colleges do travel and tourism?

Choose from our extensive range of travel and tourism courses at the University of West London. Based at the London Geller College of Hospitality and Tourism, you’ll develop the specialist knowledge and practical skills that employers need.

What is travel and tourism degree?

A degree in travel and tourism teaches you the key principles and knowledge so you pursue a career in the glamorous world of travel, tourism and hospitality; one which can afford you the opportunity to travel the world, live in exotic locations AND get paid for it.

What should I do after 12th?

UG Courses available after 12th Science:

  • BE/B.Tech- Bachelor of Technology.
  • B.Arch- Bachelor of Architecture.
  • BCA- Bachelor of Computer Applications.
  • B.Sc.- Information Technology.
  • B.Sc- Nursing.
  • BPharma- Bachelor of Pharmacy.
  • B.Sc- Interior Design.
  • BDS- Bachelor of Dental Surgery.

Which course is best after 12th?

Courses After 12th PCB

Courses Eligibility
Biotechnology (B.Sc. – 3 years, B.Tech – 4 years) Min. 55% marks in 12th in any three out of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths or Computer Science subjects
Environmental Science – 3 years 10+2
Nursing – 4 years 10+2 with PCB as compulsory subjects

What can I become if I study tourism?

Here are the top 10 careers in Tourism & Hospitality.

  • 1) Travel Agent. Travel Agents research, plan, and book trips for individuals and groups. …
  • 2) Hotel Manager. …
  • 3) Spa Manager. …
  • 4) Tour Operator. …
  • 5) Event & Conference Organiser. …
  • 6) Tour Guide. …
  • 7) Executive Chef. …
  • 8) Sommelier.

What qualifications do you need to work in a travel agents?

You’ll need:

  • customer service skills.
  • excellent verbal communication skills.
  • the ability to sell products and services.
  • to be thorough and pay attention to detail.
  • administration skills.
  • active listening skills.
  • persuading skills.
  • a desire to help people.
THIS IS INTERESTING:  Question: What happens if my Indian visa is expired?

Is Travel and tourism Vocational?

Through a combination of vocational and academic study you learn about the relationships between consumers and the providers of tourism services, and about the issues relating to sustainability and social responsibility within tourism. The course also equips you with a range of transferable skills, including: … IT skills.

What can you do with a Level 2 Travel and tourism?

Level 2 Diploma in Travel and Tourism

  • Customer service and selling skills for travel and tourism.
  • Retail travel services.
  • Visitor attractions.
  • Resort representatives.
  • Tour operations.
  • Promotional activities in travel and tourism.